If your children are overweight and you are struggling to help them, here are
some options to integrate weight management into your child’s life:
- Make goal-setting and meal planning a family activity.
- Have family exercise sessions at least four days a week. It could be swimming, cycling, dancing or gardening together.
- Mark an area of the house as fitness and yoga room. Even young children can do yoga asanas and breathing exercises safely, under supervision.
- Give them lessons in healthy cooking and explain why some ingredients are better than others for their health.
- Have grocery store tours to help them choose better products. Help them read and understand labels.