Younger children are better suited to short bursts of exercise throughout the day, instead of one long session that would tire them out. Some kids remain charged up from morning to night, but most prefer intermittent activity, with different activities to try. If your child is not used to being active, build up from half an hour each day to about an hour’s activity as fitness improves. A child’s exercise could include:
- About 10 minutes of walk.
- 10-12 minutes of swing time.
- 5-8 minutes of playing tag or running.
- 15-20 minutes of riding a bicycle or tricycle.
- 5-10 minutes of dancing, jumping or playing with the pet.