Here’s a perfect way to start the day! A bowl of oatmeal, packed with nutrients, that provides a great boost of energy to see you through the early part of the day, should be a definite addition to your healthy weight loss plan. Cinnamon contains cinnamaldehyde that boosts metabolism and promotes fat burning, oats help you feel full, decrease sugar spikes, and help you lose weight. Research shows that adding one teaspoon of powdered flaxseed to the diet daily can promote weight loss.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbsp. dried cranberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. organic maple syrup
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a saucepan, then lower the heat and add the oats, chopped apple, raisins, and dried cranberries.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring regularly. Add flax seeds, and walnuts, stir, cover the pan and turn off heat.
- Add cinnamon powder, stir, and let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve with milk and maple syrup.