One great way of losing weight and also helping your dog lose weight is to go on a run with your pet. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Coordinating the leash and pace and direction can be tricky and needs constant attention.
- If your dog is a puller, try attaching your leash to the front chest clip on his harness.
- This successfully prevents your pet from pulling.
- Never wind a leash around your wrist or hand.
- Look for warning signs like lagging on the leash, panting with tongue hanging out, or wanting to lie down in the shade.
It might take a few days for you to make this a smooth process for yourself and your pet but the rewards of including your dog in healthy exercise are worth the trouble.