These tasty patties are light, healthy and easy to make as a snack. Full of healthy green veggies like spinach, peas and coriander, your family can try them with raita and a crispy salad.
- 100g sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 100g peas, cooked
- 100g fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 2 fresh green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the oil. Mash the mixture until it is fairly smooth.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball that’s roughly the size of a golf ball. Now flatten the ball into a patty. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan and lightly fry the patties for 2 minutes on each side. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve hot.