It has no added refined sugar and yet the kids will love it…
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp raw salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups fresh carrots, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dates or chopped prunes or raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Combine almond flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the grated carrot, coconut and sultanas/raisins and combine well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, honey and oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and fold in gently.
- Put the mixture into a greased muffin pan.
- Place in your oven and cook for about 35-40 minutes. Do a quick toothpick test to ensure they’re done.
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes and then place on rack to cool.