Oatmeal can help with weight loss because it contains soluble fibre, which can keep you full longer. Peanut butter has a low glycemic index. A 2009 study, published in the ‘American Journal of Clinical Nutrition’, found that having peanut butter twice a week was associated with less weight gain over an eight-year period. The fibre content of bananas may promote weight loss by increasing the feeling of fullness and reducing appetite.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 golden banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp natural, organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 cups of water
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened dark chocolate flakes
- Bring the water to a boil in a pan. Add the oatmeal and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats are tender. They will also absorb most of the water.
- Add the banana slices, peanut butter, and agave syrup and mix well.
- Add milk, stir, add dark chocolate flakes as a topping. Enjoy!