This jam is spicy, tangy, and fun to eat. The kids will love it. Have it on toast or in a sandwich of goat cheese, arugula, and avocado. Here’s how you could make half a kilo of this jam. It will stay for about 60 days.
- 500g very ripe tomatoes
- 2 pieces of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 4-6 red chilies, finely sliced
- Stevia powder
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- Put half the tomatoes, the ginger, and cloves in a blender and purée until smooth. (You could pass the puree through a strainer though the seeds contain pectin, which may improve blood sugar and blood fat levels, promote a healthy weight, and improve digestion.)
- Chop the remaining tomatoes into small dice.
- Put the puréed tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, and all the remaining ingredients into a deep pot and slowly bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for 30–40 minutes, stirring every few minutes to release the solids that will settle on the bottom of the pot. Be sure to scrape the sides of the pot from time to time so that the jam cooks evenly. The jam is ready when it thickens and becomes glossy.
- Pour the jam into a glass jar. Let cool to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator.