This indulgent cake for your family won’t ruin your diet efforts. Coconut oil actually helps you lose weight by increasing your body temperature, boosting metabolism and keeping you fuller for longer. Do stick to just one piece though!
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup whole grain Spelt flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp rock salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Wet Ingredients
- ¾ cup jaggery powder
- ¼ cup date paste (6-8 dates rehydrated)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 325F and line a 8×8 cake tin with parchment paper draping over both sides for easy lifting. Alternatively, you can use a dab of coconut oil to oil the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk to combine, set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate, smaller bowl. Pour wet ingredients in to dry. Mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into tin and place in oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before slicing it. Serve to a delighted family!