Sweet in natural sugars with a deliciously buttery crunch, this take on the classic banana bread will leave you glowing from the inside out. Coconut butter is a rich source of medium-chain fatty acids making it a metabolism booster. It increases burning of calories. And cinnamon is a weight-loss hero!
- 250g self-rising flour (gluten-free preferred)
- 3 super ripe bananas
- 40ml natural apple juice
- 125g coconut butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 40g honey
- 50g crushed macadamia nuts
- Orange zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a loaf tin with macadamia nut oil and dust with some flour.
- Mash the bananas.
- In another bowl beat butter till smooth and add eggs. Fold in flour, cinnamon, honey and banana gently. Add the macadamia nuts.
- Put in the tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool it on a wire rack when ready, drizzle up with some delicious fragrant coconut butter. Use orange zest for topping the bread. Slice to serve.