One of the most versatile vegetables on the planet, cauliflower provides a significant amount of antioxidants, beneficial for reducing inflammation. It is rich in a compound called sulforaphane. Sulforaphane reduces the inflammatory damage caused by oxidative stress. Garlic is known to be a powerful anti-inflammatory that helps inhibit pro-inflammatory proteins.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- Turmeric (optional)
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp. of dried mixed herbs, red chilli flakes
- Garnishes (optional): Pomegranate seeds or spring onions or bread crotons.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and onions, sauté till fragrant.
- Add cauliflower pieces and a pinch of salt. Let it cool. You could add a pinch of turmeric for that extra boost of anti-inflammatory properties. However, this is optional.
- Blend cauliflower garlic, onion in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil, add the paprika and dried herbs and sauté for a few seconds. Now add the cauliflower paste to it. Add water as per your desired consistency.
- Let it come to a boil and then remove from heat. Sprinkle black pepper powder. Mix it well.
- Add toppings and serve hot.