There are several signs that parents should watch for:
- Your child is losing weight as noticed by his pediatrician during successive visits.
- Your child doesn’t outgrow clothes each season.
- You can clearly see your child’s ribs during a bath or while changing.
- Your child continues to be a picky eater.
- They have hormonal or digestive problems that have kept them from gaining weight.
- The kid runs around and plays a lot but don’t eat enough.
- The child grazes through the day on processed, snacks and refuses to have nourishing meals.
If this happens:
- Set meal and snack times so that the child is hungry at the meal.
- Don’t be too generous with fruit juices. They fill up without giving any energy, fat or protein.
- Add healthy fats, like nut butters and healthy oils, into the child’s diet.