Salads are family-friendly, too. In fact, it’s a good idea to introduce your kids to salads right from the beginning. Here’s a delicious mushroom salad that the whole family can enjoy:
- About 800 gm of white button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup arugula
- Heat a large pan and sauté mushrooms for two to three minutes until slightly soft. Take it out and let it cool.
- Combine water, vinegar, walnuts, raisins, mustard, and garlic in a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Mix in diced onion, red bell pepper, and thyme. Combine with the mushrooms and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Serve on top chopped baby spinach and arugula.