A single serving of peanut butter provides about 10% of your daily fibre needs. Research shows that peanuts lead to greater meal satisfaction and improved metabolism that supports weight control. Cinnamon is known to raise metabolism, too. Enjoy this delicious dish at breakfast or as a mid-morning snack.
- 1 small apple, peeled, core removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 2 whole grain bread slices
- Cinnamon to sprinkle
- Preheat your oven temperature on the grill setting.
- Spread the peanut butter over the bread slices and lay the on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Add a few apple slices to the buttered bread.
- Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the apples.
- Grill for about two minutes or till they are a pale golden-brown colour.