Family stressed out by being indoors? Try this bright beautiful soup in the evening! The scent of oranges is used in aromatherapy as an anti-depressant for its uplifting and energising properties. The colour orange itself radiates warmth and energy. In China and Japan, orange is associated with happiness and love. Let this bright amber-coloured, velvety soup bring a sunshine glow to your table.
Pumpkin, Lentil and Orange Soup
- 375g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150g carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g onion, roughly chopped
- 1.3 litres good chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g red lentils, (Masoor)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely-grated rind and juice of one large orange
- Put all the ingredients except the orange in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer gently on the hob for 20-25min or until all the vegetables are very tender.
Leave the soup to cool slightly before pureeing in a blender or food processor.
- Stir in the grated orange rind and juice and adjust seasoning to taste.