Great-tasting, this makes a wonderful breakfast. The kids will love it too!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp. ground vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds powder
- A dash of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Sliced apple, strawberries/blueberries or slivered almonds for toppings
- In a saucepan over high heat, place the oats and salt. Add water. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If too thick, add a bit more water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk a bit of water with cocoa powder to form a smooth sauce. Add the vanilla to the pan and stir.
- Turn the heat down to low. Add the flax seed powder and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, add raw honey and serve immediately.
- Add sliced apple or strawberries/blueberries or slivered almonds as a topping. Don’t use all of them together.