A wonderful dish that is packed with protein and vitamins, the quinoa-avocado salad is delicious, healthy, and works as lunch or dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 400g black beans, rinsed and drained
- 300g frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into pieces
- 6 baby tomatoes, halved
- 4-5 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger paste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa. Let it cool.
- In a bowl, combine the beans, corn, avocado, and tomatoes.
- Add quinoa.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl.
- Add the dressing over the salad to serve.