Here’s a great green and filling soup to keep you and the kids going during late afternoon or early evening…
- 200g frozen peas
- 100g frozen spinach
- 1 garlic clove,
- chopped ½ chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 2-3 tbsp full-fat Greek yoghurt
- Place all the ingredients, apart from the yoghurt, in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add 500ml water and bring it to the boil.
- Season the soup generously with freshly ground black pepper, and allow it to simmer for about five minutes. Then remove it from the heat and blitz it with a hand-held blender or in a food processor, leaving some texture.
- Share the soup between 2 bowls and add dollops of yoghurt in each.
You could garnish it with slivered almonds. Have it with a slice of wholegrain sourdough bread.