This simple ice cream recipe is really quick to make and even easier if you have an ice cream maker. You can experiment with how much chocolate you like – for a less intense flavour half the amount of cacao, as this recipe is quite rich. Use agave syrup instead of sugar and mind the portions for a satisfying experience that doesn’t hurt your weight loss efforts.
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Agave Syrup
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp Himalayan rock salt
- Soak almonds in warm water for 10 minutes. Remove skins and dry.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and process to a smooth paste.
- Place in freezer. Remove and blend after 1-2 hours to break up any ice crystals. Repeat 3-4 times.
- Remove ice cream 10-20 minutes before serving to soften.