When baking fries, think beyond the white potato. Add more colours and variety with other tasty root veggies. It will give a power-packed nutritional punch to this favorite food.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium parsnips
- ¼ cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cayenne pepper, cinnamon, cumin, rosemary, garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice potatoes, carrots, and parsnips into thin wedges and place in a bowl.
- Massage root vegetables with oil. Add salt, pepper, and other spices.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Stir and shift every 15 minutes. Remove from oven when slightly brown and crispy.