Why not treat yourself and your family to a not-so-naughty breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning? Try Buckwheat-Blackberry Pancakes. Feel free to experiment – add honey, stewed fruits or even a delicious raw chocolate sauce!
- ½ cup buckwheat
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 300ml brown rice milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- Blackberry Compote
- ¾ cup blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- Place the buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the milk, lemon juice, sunflower oil, and rice syrup in another bowl and mix well, then stir into the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Wipe a frying pan lightly with oil and heat over a medium heat. Place a poachette ring or pastry ring in the pan and ladle in one tablespoon of the pancake mixture. Cook until air bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake. Do not turn until this point. Remove the mould, turn the pancake, and cook for about a minute on the other side, until set. Repeat until the mixture is used and cooked.
- Serve with blackberry compote and soya yoghurt or with fresh fruit and agave syrup to accompany.