Coconut flour is high in fibre, protein and healthy fats. It has a lower glycaemic index than wheat flour. It is definitely a healthy option when it comes to a weight loss diet choice.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 big eggs
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup warm coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
- Stir the coconut flour and salt together in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Place the eggs, applesauce and vinegar into a blender and mix smoothly.
- Add in the honey that has been warmed, as also the coconut oil. Blend for another few seconds until combined. Add the dry ingredients and blend.
- Pour into a lined muffin tin till about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tray.