Providing protein and fibre, mushrooms have been found to be beneficial for weight loss. Spinach leaves are low in calories and help in weight loss. Its high amounts of fibre content also help digestion, regulate blood sugar and prevent constipation. Quinoa helps you feel full longer, control cravings, and decreases your calorie intake. It is also rich in dietary fibre and protein and increases metabolism.
- 2/3 cup (120 g) quinoa
- 3 tablespoons (40 g) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 8 ounces (225 g) cremini mushroom caps, diced
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- Vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, chopped
- In a dry skillet, toast the quinoa for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- In a soup pot, add olive oil over medium-high heat and stir in onions. Sauté onions for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often. Add mushrooms and sauté another 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in quinoa, spinach, carrot, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until quinoa is tender.
- Place soup in a blender and puree.
- Reheat soup on low heat, without bringing to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, and serve garnished with chives.