Carrots are rich in anti-arthritis Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene, both of which fight inflammation.
- ½ pound carrots, peeled and grated into long thin strips (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, chives or a combination
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the carrots in a medium-size glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar and mustard until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots.
- Add the parsley and/or chives.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to suit your tastes.
- Chill the salad for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors a chance to blend and toss again before serving.