Serve as a dip with vegetable sticks, or with wheat-free corn tortilla flatbread, toasted and cut into strips.
- 250g cooked beetroot dipped in vinegar (not pickled)
- 1 tin butterbeans (410g), drained & rinsed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped (reserve a few for garnish)
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the beetroot into small dice and set aside in a medium bowl.
- In a food processor, blitz the butterbeans with the garlic, chives and olive oil. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer into the bowl with the beetroot and gently fold through to mix.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and garnish with a few snipped chives.