Quinoa is high in dietary fibre and protein, which make you feel fuller, and less likely to binge on unhealthy foods. It is also low in calories and low on the glycemic index. Amaranth is also high in protein and fibre, both of which can aid your weight loss efforts.
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of onion, diced
- ¼ cup of celery, diced
- ¼ cup of carrot, washed, dried and cut into slices
- 3 tsps. of garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup of amaranth, already cooked
- ¼ cup of quinoa, already cooked
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 2 tbsps. coriander, chopped
- ¼ tbsp. of salt
- Heat oil for two minutes before adding the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic.
- Add in the tomatoes, amaranth and quinoa water and salt to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Remove it from the heat, let it cool for a while and then transfer to blender. Puree it smoothly.
- Add fresh coriander for garnishing while serving.