This stew is very simple to make and is full of warming spices. Cook the chick peas well before starting so they become super soft in the final stages. You can use carrot, beetroot and sweet potatoes as well as or instead of pumpkin.
- ½ cup chickpeas, cooked
- 400g Red Pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 3 Red Onions, sliced
- 2 – 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Himalayan Salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add all the spices and cook for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of stock, salt and chickpeas.
- Add the pumpkin, cover and cook on low heat for 20 -30 minutes.
- Add more stock if needed.