Research from the University of Liverpool says that eating prunes, as part of a weight control diet, help with weight loss. It can lead to a significant weight loss and reduced waist circumference. Volunteers also had an increased feeling of fullness. Researchers say that having prunes as part of a weight management diet may be beneficial to dieters in the long term by tackling hunger and satisfying appetite – a major challenge when you are trying to maintain weight loss. It’s worth adding more prunes to your family’s diet anyway. As well has having an unusually high antioxidant score, they are well known for improving bowel function and easing constipation. Here’s a quick recipe to enjoy prunes…
- Prunes, 1/4th cup
- Vanilla extract, a few drops
- Cinnamon powder, a pinch
- Water, as per requirement
- Unsweetened Greek yogurt, half a cup
- Put everything together in a small saucepan. Gently stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and gently stir again. Cover the saucepan, and simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Pour it over plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!