Kebabs are well designed for eating on the go or even in a lunchbox. Have them with a generous salad and a dressing in a small jar.
- 4 small, boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced (about 250g)
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 pieces
- Mix the diced chicken in a bowl with the lemon, thyme, garlic and oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave it to marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat the grill to maximum. Divide the chicken and onion pieces between 4 skewers.
- Place the skewers on a grill pan under the grill for about 15 minutes, turning them frequently, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve or have the kebabs with a handful of green and coloured leafy salad. Add a dressing of olive oil and cider vinegar. You could even add two-three tablespoons of cooked brown rice.