In order to maintain a healthy weight and a good relationship with food, it’s important to understand your hunger. Today many people mistake being stuffed for being satisfied. Here are a few things you can do:
- Keep a journal of when you eat, what you eat, and how you feel after you’ve eaten.
- Eat every few hours to get your body used to having constant fuel.
- When you feel ‘hungry’ check with yourself to see if you’re really feeling physically hungry or is it hunger that is emotional – born out of boredom, sadness or any other emotional reason.
- When you’re tired, go to bed instead of eating a late-night snack.
- Try celebrating without necessarily involving food.