Quinoa is rich in insoluble fibre which keeps you full longer. The high protein and good fat in quinoa also boost metabolism. Cinnamon also boosts metabolism, and can help reduce food cravings by promoting a feeling of satiety. Research shows that blueberries influence genes which regulate fat-burning, helping reduce abdominal fat. When combined with a low-fat diet, blueberries also lower triglycerides and improve blood sugar levels, making it effective in a comprehensive weight loss plan.
- 2 cups oats, soy or nut milk
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Caper salt (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk to a boil.
- Add the quinoa and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Mix in honey and cinnamon powder, and let it sit for 10 more minutes
- Remove from heat and top it with blueberries.
- Season with caper salt to taste (optional).