These make a great snack, dessert or breakfast bar. Really filling and full of fibre, they perfectly combine ingredients to suit a healthful lifestyle.
- 2 ½ cups jumbo rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup wheat germ, toasted
- ½ cup almond/pecan or walnut flakes
- ½ cup plums, chopped
- ½ cup raisons
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup raw honey
- ½ cup natural peanut or almond butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking tray with olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine oats, flour, ground almonds, wheat germ, almonds, plums, raisons and salt. Stir well.
- In a small saucepan add honey, peanut butter and olive oil. Warm over a medium to low heat until well blended. Don’t let it boil. Add vanilla.
- Pour into dry ingredients and quickly combine to a sticky mixture that can be patted into baking tray. Press it firmly to remove air pockets.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until it begins to brown around the edges. Let it cool then cut into bars. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely and store in an airtight container in the fridge.