Oats are highly in fibre and a superfood for managing weight. Cinnamon, cloves and cardamom are heating spices, which help speed up your metabolism. This recipe will improve gut health, helping to normalise bowel movements, and attain stable blood sugar. Fibre is also good for heart health and reducing blood cholesterol levels.
- 2 cup liquid (half milk-half water)
- ¾ cups oatmeal (rolled oats or steel cut oats, not instant)
- ¾ cups oatmeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp or pinch of clove powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp sugar palm jaggery
- Heat the milk/water, stir in oatmeal and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites into a stiff foam with a hand mixer or fork.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients and stir on the oatmeal/milk mixture.
- Fold in egg white until the mixture is well blended.
- Cook pancakes on non-stick dry pan until browned on both sides.
- Serve topped with ¾ cups yoghurt with berries, fresh papaya, kiwi or mango slices.