Avocado is high in calories but it is monosaturated fat, which make it healthy. In a 2013 study published in ‘Nutrition Journal’, those who ate half a fresh avocado with lunch reported a 40% decreased desire to eat for hours afterward. Avocados are high in fibre. High fibre foods help reduce appetite, decrease the risk of high blood pressure, and serve to lower your cholesterol levels. Avocado Chocolate Mousse is a winning combination offers a guilt-free treat to satisfy any chocolate cravings. In the unlikely event of any leftovers, it makes a super facemask, too – smooth onto your face, relax for 15 minutes and try your best not to lick your lips!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 tsp stevia/agave/honey
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Optional extras: Toasted sliced pistachios, almonds, chia seeds or mixed berries
- Purée the avocado until smooth.
- Mix together the cocoa powder and milk until combined and add to the avocado.
- Stir in the stevia, vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge until ready to eat.