These rich, moist, divine little bites are gluten-free, low GI and more nutritious than your average cupcake. Almonds replace processed white flour, olive oil or coconut oil replaces butter, stevia replaces sugar, and all of this is added to raw cacao powder full of antioxidants! Enjoy with your whole family. This recipe makes 12-14 cupcakes.
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 25g raw cacao powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g olive oil or coconut oil
- Stevia as per taste
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3. Place 12 medium sized paper cases into a bun tin.
- Sift the baking powder and raw cacao into a large bowl. Add the almonds and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, stevia and eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together until completely combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, about halfway up each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack and leave to cool.